The privacy and security of your information is important to us. We are committed to safeguard the confidentiality and privacy of personal information entrusted to us. This notice explains who we are, the types of information we hold, how we use it, who we share it with and how long we keep it in connection with the hosting of this website. It also informs you of certain rights you have regarding your personal information under current data protection law. We abide by all data protection laws as may be applicable, including the Mauritian Data Protection Act 2017 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Who are we?
WTS Tax Consulting (Mauritius) Ltd (“WTS Mauritius”) is the exclusive member firm for Mauritius within WTS Global, the leading independent global tax practice represented in over 100 countries across the globe. WTS Mauritius is the Data Controller of the information you provide us through this website and is registered with the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office for the products and services we provide to you
For further information about us, please visit www.wtsmauritius.com
- Tax and Corporate Structuring
- Tax and Regulatory Consulting
- Tax Compliance and Assurance
- Tax Controversy Support
- Automatic Information Exchange: FATCA/CRS
- Business Consulting
Data collected about you
Please be aware that data about you is being collected if:
- you use this website;
- you enquire about, or engage WTS Mauritius to provide, its Services (either in a personal capacity, or as a representative for your employer or client);
- the use of your personal information is reasonably necessary to provide our Services (in these circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to us by our client who may, for example, be your employer or service provider, or we may obtain your personal information from a range of public or subscription sources, directly from you, or from your associates or persons known to you);
- you apply for a position with WTS Mauritius; and
- you contact us with any other enquiry, complaint or notice.
What data is collected about you?
WTS Mauritius generally collects personal information as follows:
- Your contact details, including but not limited to, telephone numbers, location details such as personal or business address and email address in order to communicate with you
- We may conduct criminal background checks at the start of and during our business relationship as part of our anti-money laundering screening or counter terrorist financing screening to comply with relevant legislation.
How we use your information?
- To provide any services requested by you.
- Understand and assess your ongoing needs and offer products and services to meet those needs.
- Determine eligibity and process applications for products and services
- To improve our products and services.
- To offer you other services we believe may benefit you.
- Conduct processing necessary to fulfil other contractual obligations.
- Carry out communication, service billing and administration.
What we may need from you?
We only collect your information in line with regulations and laws and this relates to any of our services. You’re responsible for making to give us accurate and up to date information. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up your response.
You are entirely free to decide whether or not to provide us with your personal information and note that there are no consequences if you refuse to do so unless for when the supply of specific personal data is mandatory by law.
What are your legal rights?
Right of Access
This right enables you to receive a copy of all your personal information we hold about you free of charge and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Right to Rectify
This right enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate date we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us by a supplementary documents/statement.
Right to Object
Where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or a third party) and there is something about a particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacted on your fundamental rights and freedoms you have the right to object in writing at any time to the processing of your personal data.
Right to Erasure
You have the right under certain circumstances to have your personal information erased. Your information can only be forgotten if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and we have no legal rights to keep processing with your information.
Restriction of Processing
A data subject may request that the processing of your personal data is restricted where the accuracy of the information is contested.
Sometimes we may process your personal data in other countries as we are a global organization, either to carry out your instructions/work or for ordinary business purposes.
These countries may not have the same level of protection. If necessary, with your consent we will ask the party to whom we transfer your personal data to agree to our privacy principles, policies and practices.
Disclosure of Personal Information
WTS Tax Consulting has reasonable security policies and procedures. In order to protect personal information from destruction, misuse, alteration etc. We maintain strict securities concerning your data to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information by anyone including the staff unless it concerns your work as per requirement.
Contact us at the e-mail or postal address listed in the "Contact Us" section at the bottom of this Notice. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing and your requested changes. We will provide you access to the personal information requested.
We ask for third party service providers to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any personal data to carry out their services.
Rest assure that we will not disclose your personal data to external organization that are not our service providers unless you gave us your consent.
Retention of your personal information
WTS Tax Consulting retains your personal information for the period of time required for the purposes for which it was collected. We will hold your personal information while our services are ongoing and for a period of time after that until our services/relationship are terminated. However, we will not hold your personal information for longer than necessary.
Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored on your computer, Smartphones or other devices for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences. Over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for ensuring that WTS is fully compliant with relevant data protection laws. If you have any questions or concerns about personal information or our Policy or you wish to make a complaint about how we have processed your personal information, or you wish to exercise any of your rights as a data subject please contact our Data Protection Officer at WTS Tax Consulting, Standard Chartered Tower, Bank Street, 19, Cybercity, Ebene, Mauritius or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
We will place any updates to this Policy from time to time on our website. When we change this Policy in a material way, a notice will be posted on our website along with the updated Policy. It Is important that the personal data we hold about you is correct, current and accurate. Please keep us informed and up to date if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.